Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Release of Cool Tau Huay (A.k.A 冷豆花) Cold Beancurd Recipe

What a cool day... the rain has been non stop since Sunday. So how have everyone been recently? Did you guys try to make cold beancurd while waiting for me to post?

I know it has been quite awhile since my last post that I've found out the method to make cold beancurd. Some people might have been cursing me all this while. Anyway, I'm gonna release the method and ingredient to make the beancurd.

This is quite similar to the one that you can find at Old Airport Road. You should know which store I am referring to. Anyway don't make you guess, yes, it is Lao Ban Dou Hua (老伴豆花).

Before I get started, there is 1 ingredient is specially formulated by me (I've put in months of effort to discover it). I am not saying that only my Jelly Powder works, you still have the option to use any kind of jelly powder.

So let's get started, so move your buttock to the nearest supermarket to buy this ingredient.

- Soya Powder (I recommend Polleney Brand)
(There are many soya powder brands in the supermarket. I've tried most of them, and all works perfect)

- Coffee creamer
(I use CoffeeMate Creamer which I think it works best)

- Fine sugar
(Can be any sugar, up to your preference)

- Jelly Powder
This is the special ingredient that I've mentioned. This jelly powder is the main ingredient and it is responsible to give you superb texture. I've invented and specially formulated my own Jelly Powder. You can choose to purchase from me, and consider it as donations for me  :) or visit the nearest supermarket to purchase.

Prepration and Method

Ok, after we are done with the ingredient part and let's move on to the actual making process. The making of the cold beancurd is fairly easy and no mess. The process of making the cold beancurd is so simple that even a person that cannot cook Instant Maggie Mee have no problem.

The follow proportion is used to make 6 bowl depending on how much you pour into the each bowl. So let's get started to make the cold beancurd. I assume you have purchased everything above. So let's prepare the below.

- 1200ml of PLAIN WATER (Room temperature)
- 120g Soya Powder
- 60g Sugar (Add more if you prefer it to be sweeter)
- 40g Creamer (Add more if you prefer it to be more creamy)

For Jelly Powder, choose either 1:
- 28g Jelly Powder (If you buy those commercially available in supermarket) - I have not tested this powder.
- 16g Specially Formulated Jelly Powder (This has been tested and proven to work) - Click here for more information.

Prepration Method

1. Measure 1200ml of Plain Room Temperature water and pour them into a cooking pot.

2. Use roughly 400ml of plain water from the cooking pot to dissolve the soya powder. Stir until fully dissolve. If you have an electric mixer, you can use that. Make sure that you do not use HOT water as this will make the soya powder lumpy.

3. Turn on the flame to boil the remaining of the water in the cooking pot.

4. When the water boil, do this:
- Dissolve the sugar first, then dissolve creamer. Then pour in the mixed soya milk and stir evenly. Finally pour in the Jelly Powder.

5. Continue to stir until the solution boil again. Once it boil again, you have successfully prepared the solution. The rest of the steps will just require you to divide them equally into bowls.

6. Leave the bowl until it cools down, then place them into the fridge. After 2 to 3 hours, your home made cold beancurd is ready to be served.

If you are interested to buy the Jelly Powder from me, do click here to see the pricing. It is very cheap and affordable.

That's all about it. Try it and let me know if it works :) Some photos I've taken to show you my home made cold beancurd.


18 comments:

SPM said...

Do i have any other way to contact you? Do have a few questions to check out with you quite urgent, probably you can leave down your email for me or contact me at sprojm@yahoo.com
ThankYou

pink said...

Wat up

Mum2JoynSpunky said...

Can I use freshly made soy bean milk instead? I have a soy milk maker.

What would be the equivalent quantity to the powder?

Thank you.

SG Replica said...

Mum2JoynSpunky,

I have yet to make try this. Will post an update when I've tested with freshly squeezed soy bean milk.

Thanks

pink said...

I'm trying out my own formula . Very close but still fail

Anonymous said...

I heard someone who teach n supply powder but e price to pay

SG Replica said...

Someone can try to make with fresh soya bean milk, then post the success story :)

Anonymous said...

Hi bro do u still have stock for your own formulated jelly powder?

Taurus said...

hi, how much is the jelly powder ? how do I buy it from you.

You can email to me at charlesvrn@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

OK so can i buy your powder pls let me know where to get it. I am giving this to a friend who is going back Australia
atlantic212@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelvin,
Thanks for sharing and I would like to buy the jelly powder from you. Please let me know how i can contact you.
Look forward to your soon reply.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelvin,
Thanks for sharing and I would like to buy the jelly powder from you. Please let me know how i can contact you. My contact : thuydung1707@yahoo.com
Look forward to your soon reply.

Richard Sim said...

Hi, thanks for the recipe. I added Horlick as well to get the Malt taste. Feedback is that the taste are closer to Lao Ban favour. Remember to stir until the horlick melt. Families and relatives love it.

SG Replica said...

Hi all,

I received lots of enquiries on the powder.

I wish to express my apologies that I no longer sell the powder.

Regards,
Kelvin

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelvin,

Thanks for the recipe. I have tried it but the texture is not soft like lao ban's. It is more like soya agar-agar.. I have used Phoon Huat Instant Jelly Powder since you are no longer selling the powder. Is this the reason why the texture is different from yours.

SG Replica said...

Maybe you can use a little less of the jelly powder? I do not know their mixture, I cannot comment much on it.

Regards,
Kelvin

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your reply. Ok, shall try again with lesser jelly powder.

Sankin Sudiwan said...

I would like to contact u and purchase jelly powder today. Cuz i am going back to jakarta tomorrow. Can u provide ur hp number or pls email me ur details. Sudiwan@yahoo.com. / hp. 90851833